1. Senior Saints Hockey is only for players 30 years of age or older, unless exceptions are made by our Board to allow players younger than 30 due to limited enrollment or other good reasons. Summer hockey is also an exception as we open it to all players 18 years and older. It is a recreational league designed for players of al…
1. Senior Saints Hockey is only for players 30 years of age or older, unless exceptions are made by our Board to allow players younger than 30 due to limited enrollment or other good reasons. Summer hockey is also an exception as we open it to all players 18 years and older. It is a recreational league designed for players of all abilities (and disabilities).
2. Everyone must sign the indemnification form (i.e., the registration waiver), and payment must be received prior to ice time, in our hands!
3. No cash will be accepted at the rink. (With the exception of guests or drop-in fees.) You will not skate unless you have paid in advance. Please complete the registration form online and either pay fees online or by check via mail in person.
4. After we have all players registered, everyone will be designated to a team. We will divide players into four teams. You will belong to one of the four teams and skate with the same group all year. Groups will alternate each night. Groups 1 and 2 will play groups 3 and 4, then the next night groups 1 and 3 will play groups 2 and 4, and so forth. This will enable everybody to play with every other player throughout the year.
5. Every player must have a predominately dark and a white jersey or pull-over since teams will be alternating each night.
6. We generally play Monday and Thursday nights during the regular season and Tuesdays in the summer, subject to ice availability. So, watch your schedule very closely.
7. Compatible players will play on the same lines against one another and will change every two minutes.
8. If you invite a guest to play, they must be of appropriate age and approved by a board member to skate with our group. Advanced notice is appreciated. Guests are required to pay $20.00 before entering the ice and must sign an indemnification form. If a member of our league is bringing the guest, they are responsible to make certain the guest complies with our requirements and rules. Skating privileges for the member will be subject to suspension if the guest does not comply.
9. If you are involved in a fight, you are done for the evening. If this happens more than once, you are done for the season-with no refund.
10. Slap shots are allowed on a limited basis. They are to be taken only when it is an open shot, with no traffic in front and the shot needs to be below the waist. If the slap shot rule is abused, we will revisit this rule.
11. Icing will be called by the goalies. If a goalie calls icing, the goalie will indicate by raising their glove in the air. Otherwise, if they do not want to call icing and want to play the puck, they can do so and then icing will be considered waived off. If icing is called, the attacking team may not enter the zone until such time as the puck is played beyond the blue line.
12. If a team is called off sides, the team must clear the zone entirely and tag up outside the zone. The same applies when a goal is scored or the puck is frozen, the team must tag up outside the zone before reentering and attacking the zone.
13. Warmups will be conducted in an orderly fashion with shooters making a semi circle around the goalie and taking turns. Players are not to shoot until the goalie is squared up and facing the shooter. No one is to skate behind the yet while pucks are being shot.
14. No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products are allowed. There are plenty of places to go after the game and plenty of players willing to join you. Please also try to patronize our sponsor and join us following play at Hammerheads Bar!
15. Goalies are untouchable inside of the blue paint area. If they are in the process of freezing the puck inside the blue paint area, players are to attempt to avoid contact with the goalies. We only have so many goalies and we want to keep them healthy.
Please complete the registration form online. You may either pay online, bring a check (payable to Senior Saints Hockey) to the rink before playing, or mail your payment to:
SENIOR SAINTS HOCKEY
c/o David Pitt
2019 Rhomberg Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001
Phone: (563) 564-0365
Email: [email protected]