- Register your child with USA Wrestling ($55 fee). Annotate "DC Wrestling Club" as your child's club.
- New wrestlers will have to upload a birth certificate with USA Wrestling.
- Register for the DC Wrestling Club ($25 fee via check payable to "Chillicothe Wrestling" and mail to Wayne Lamb, 3705 Camden Circle, Chillicothe, IL 61523 or venmo to @Wayne-Lamb-5). You will complete your registration online without paying the fee.
- In order to receive singlets before the first tournament, we will be submitting an order on October 17th. Once you have registered your child, we will contact you regarding singlet orders.
The Dunlap-Chillicothe Youth Wrestling program is one of the largest and most
successful wrestling programs in the Peoria-area. The club is over 35-years-old and has several names such as Chilli Dawgs and Super Soldiers. The program is dedicated on growing the wrestling talent in both the Dunlap and Chillicothe communities. We offer a 2-week free introductory period
for kids to try out wrestling before committing to the program. Practices begin November 2nd with
a parents’ meeting on November 2nd and November 4th at 6 p.m. at the practice facility (only need to attend one).
Feel free to register online or come to an open registration day, Sunday, October 3rd, from 4-6 or Monday, October 4th from 6-7:30 at the practice facility (Richland Bridge Church, 5114 E. Richland Ave. in Chillicothe). You'll be able to meet the coaches and ask any questions. All new wrestlers must provide a copy of their birth certificate. All wrestlers must register both with the Club ($25 fee) and with USA Wrestling ($55 fee) to participate in the program.
Ages & Practices:
program is available to boys and girls ages 5-14 (grades K-8) at Richland Bridge Church, 5114 E. Richland Ave. in Chillicothe
(located just 2 miles north of Cedar Hills Drive off of Galena Rd). Parking lot and gym entrance is behind the church.
- 5-8-year-olds will practice Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-7 p.m.
- 9-14-year-olds will practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. Additional practices may be on Sundays in November and December until tournaments begin from 3-5.
season runs from November to the beginning of March with tournaments
starting in the middle of December. The beauty of the program is that
since the wrestlers are competing as individuals, parents can decide how
many and which tournaments they participate in. The tournaments are held
on Sundays at Peoria-area high schools. During each tournament, wrestlers
compete in three matches against three other children who are the same age and
weight. They always receive an award, whether they win all three matches
(resulting in 1st place) or lose all three matches (resulting in 4th
place). All tournaments are posted on the Illinois Kids Wrestling Foundation website.
Wrestlers pay an initial fee of $80 ($55 for the required USA Wrestling membership) and a $25 club fee which must be paid within the first two weeks via Venmo or check, made payable to "Chillicothe Wrestling Club." Their uniform consists of
wrestling shoes, headgear, a singlet, which
equates to about $200 total. From that point on, the cost is based on how
many tournaments the wrestler enters. Typically, the tournaments charge a
$20 fee per wrestler.
News & Media
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-7 p.m. 9-14-year-olds: Sundays 3-5 through December, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-8:00 p.m.Location: Richland
Church, 2114 Richland Avenue, Chillicothe (approximately 2 miles north of Cedar
Hills Dr. off of Galena Rd)Wear: shirts/shorts,
bring your wrestling shoes (do …
READ FULL ARTICLE